Triple Crown Enterprises Ltd. (TCE) is a general contractor construction firm located in Hamilton, Ontario. TCE’s excellent reputation is the direct result of our commitment to performance, quality and safety. Our highly trained staff, knowledgeable and experienced construction management teams, hands-on approach, and open-door policy contribute to TCE‘s continuing success. Our expertise, in addition to general contracting includes: civil and electrical construction, automated electrical solutions installations, an in-house steel fabrication facility, and design capabilities.
TCE’s Civil Division is looking to grow! We are currently seeking an Intermediate/Senior Civil Estimator.
Intermediate/Senior Civil Estimator
As part of the estimating team, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing estimate packages of probable cost materials, labour, equipment, and safety considerations for civil construction projects
- Reviewing and understanding Request for Quotes, client schematics, drawings, specifications, and any other document related to creating an estimate package
- Completing quantity and material take-offs and square footage take-offs
- Understanding, following, and advising on tendering processes and pathways
- Creating and utilizing costing spreadsheets based on current vendor/supplier price lists
- Examining and analyzing tender documents
- Coordinating with various departments to ensure that bid documents and other required information are received in an accurate and effective manner for the use in creating bid/tender/estimating packages
- Maintaining contacts and connections, reviewing the external market for bid opportunities, report and/or act on those opportunities
- Effectively communicating and/or clarifying with clients requesting estimates
- Assisting in creating presentation materials
- Establishing and coordinating bid/estimate tracking systems
- Preparing cost and expenditure statements, construction progress reports
- Preparing and presenting project cost forecasting/updating at regular intervals
- Preparing and maintaining a directory of suppliers, vendors, contractors, and sub-contractors
- Meeting, consulting, and communicating effectively with engineers, designers, owners, clients, and other departments
- Reviewing estimates for extensions, scope creep, overruns, accuracy and errors
- Performing cost control functions
- Evaluate sub-contractor’s quotes
- Procurement duties as required and requested
- Performing closing procedures, participating in bid post-completion reviews in cooperation with other divisions
- Degree/Diploma in Estimating, Construction Management, or similar field of study
- 10+ years of successful experience in a Construction Estimating role
- Project management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong planning and organizational abilities
Salary will be based on experience.
TCE is an equal opportunity employer and we are able to provide accommodation during the interview process. We thank all those who apply, those considered for an interview will be contacted.
TCE is always seeking talented candidates in the following categories:
- Disciplined Supervisors
- General Supervisors
- Procurement Personnel
- Project Managers/Estimators
Triple Crown Enterprises Ltd. (“TCE“) offers a positive, comfortable atmosphere allowing you to do your best, while working with other friendly supportive professionals. TCE continues to recruit talented, qualified people who share our values and work ethic. Mentorship is available to assist new grads during their early days of transition, and all new employees are educated on the operations and procedures of TCE during the orientation process.
Health & Safety
We are committed to promoting health and safety at all TCE facilities. To ensure a safe and secure work environment, TCE has adopted the Ontario Provincial Safety Program, Quality Connection. Considered one of the best safety programs in Ontario, it provides for an annual independent review and assessment of our established Safety Policies and Procedures.
TCE has consistently been awarded the province’s annual Gold Seal of Approval for its efforts in safety measures.
Please visit our Health & Safety page for further information.
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
TCE is happy to provide any prospective candidates with accommodations/accessibility throughout the recruiting cycle. If you require any type of accommodation/accessibility please speak with our human resources department email@example.com.